- Very well-articulated open letter to Jamie Dimon (and other clueless bankers who think we resent their "success"): http://bit.ly/vVGL7B
- This is one of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen: http://deadsp.in/uNEaqh I yearn for the days of the Jordan XI http://bit.ly/rTMqsr
- Fine art outperforms S&P 500: http://buswk.co/uT9lmh More evidence that the ranks of the super-rich are doing just fine in this economy.
- An amusing breakdown of "kicking the can", with real-world examples: http://on.wsj.com/rGRvGG I love it.
- Sigh... the top seven highest-grossing movies of 2011 were all sequels. http://huff.to/rZByeW
@CrimsonCavalier Oh... the Jordan XIs are back... neat. deadspin.com/5870837/babies…
- Hope all had a great Christmas. Now bring on 2012. http://youtu.be/AIUTUVVRtFA
- Congrats to Drew Brees. Different game than when Marino played, but still impressive. But, Brees is only 5th in NFL in yards per attempt.
- Check that, Brees is 6th in NFL in yards per pass attempt (Rodgers, Brady, Schaub, Eli, Carson Palmer)... First in attempts by a mile.
- Wait, this is a parody, right? It has to be. http://bit.ly/tYOUt5 Somebody please tell me it is.
- A belated congrats to my dad for a very cool honor from the B.A.A. http://bit.ly/u8BJ6b
- Wow... I did not know that Jim O'Brien was still coaching anywhere, let alone D-3 ball. http://b.globe.com/tE4U1g
- Way to be, LAPD... http://lat.ms/sFFghK Hundreds of wrongful imprisonments while all celebrities/Lohans get a free pass. You're doing great.
- Celts played the Heat on TNT last night. I watched the Belk Bowl instead. I regret nothing.
- Corn ethanol subsidies lapse... that's good news. Need many more things like this to lapse. http://bit.ly/v599bC
- Please don't do this to me. http://es.pn/uBUsvX I'm not ready for Brian Hoyer yet... thank God for the bye.
- "Wrong turn" brings rare Asian bird to... southeast Tennessee? http://yhoo.it/sSUWXu Well this is not a mundane detail, Michael!
- Many people donating worthless homes to charity: http://usat.ly/vXkvYs I guess that's cool, but I can't help thinking about "muffin stumps".
- These charts may have a partisan slant (if charts can do that), but they're still interesting, esp. on tax policy: http://bit.ly/ryNhFa
- Amazing stat: RT
@SI_PeterKing: Great note by @AdamSchefter: Bucs are 0-7 with Albert Haynesworth, Pats are 7-0 since waiving him.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Once again, your semi-regular update on what's going on over in the Twitterverse (@CrimsonCavalier).