- This year's bowl swag for the "amateur" players. http://bit.ly/unmCfc My favorite is the Idaho Potato Bowl--it's cold here boys, bundle up.
- Cool piece on the impracticality of the cheeseburger. http://bit.ly/uAHEsA I love to complain about the modern world, but I do like burgers.
#thismarketisbroken RT @zerohedge: Snapshot Of Pure Lunacy bit.ly/uYUH52
- 75 years in prison for videotaping police? http://youtu.be/80DbxSZ_FB8 This raises some very serious civil liberty issues. Very serious.
- Per Gallup, "the 1%" is remarkably similar in demographics to "the 99%". http://bit.ly/sQbQot I'm not surprised.
- Swedish firm sells insurance to subway turnstile-jumpers... http://bit.ly/tpd3Dy I LOVE the concept, but I'm sure it'll get shut down soon.
- Poland getting absolutely screwed by this Euro "agreement". http://bit.ly/sxtfLn It's okay, screwing Poland has never led to anything bad...
- Holy crap... http://deadsp.in/uQtlwv These receivers are just outdoing themselves this year. Remember this? http://youtu.be/kHVArnFDjhg
- About those glowing early Black Friday sales "reports"... http://bit.ly/u7EeJY
- Worth a read, regardless of your political affiliations or beliefs: "My Occupy LA Arrest", by Patrick Meighan. http://bit.ly/rEnPkb
- Eric Cantor blocking legislation banning/limiting Congressional insider trading... of course he is. This guy is a joke. http://bit.ly/uw2D5B
- I love this concept: "The Banker's Dozen". http://bit.ly/tfnITE I'm officially adopting this, and I intend to use it regularly.
- More clueless bankers: Hungarian central banker gets clobbered on currency bet. http://bit.ly/uq6aC2 But, but, but... my model says...
People can do a lot of awesome things, and the world is ultimately a really cool place--that's why we have to make sure we don't take it for granted.