- Fed can't save the US job market, why do we think it can save the world? Capitalism died a little (more) this morning. http://bit.ly/upWi4t
- Well said. RT
@zerohedge: Here Is What Happened After The Last Global Coordinated Central Bank Intervention http://bit.ly/u2f03p
- $MS closes up over 10% on latest Fed rescue... since July 21, it's had 29 days of 5%+ moves, 7 days of 10%+...
- More interesting volatility stats from this increasingly manipulated market. http://bloom.bg/sum5Xu
- "Hollywood accounting"--this is some seriously disgusting stuff. http://bit.ly/c66HwT Thanks
@killagroove for the heads-up.
- "Genetically altered mosquito warriors"? This one has "unintended consequences" written allllll over it. http://bit.ly/sN5lOw
- I like some aspects of this, but I'm sure Congress will screw it up and make it just another back-door bank bailout. http://on.ft.com/sR8qoc
- Re: last tweet: I specifically like the idea of "crowd funding", but only for a legit small biz--not as a loophole for oh, say, Facebook.
- Really great little article on comedy: http://bit.ly/t5MgOp Thought it was an interesting commentary on/ message to critics of all walks.
- The German city of Koblenz will evacuate as bomb experts gingerly defuse a massive World War II bomb in the Rhine River http://bit.ly/soAGv1
- Pretty cool new scaffolding concept: "Urban Umbrella" http://bit.ly/uJLgCb... the Seinfeld "Urban Sombrero" reference is almost too obvious.
- Most important part of today's jobs report: participation rate keeps declining. Fewer workers=lower tax base=larger deficits=more debt
- Updated U.S. employment chart: always keep the big picture in mind. This is still not pretty. http://bit.ly/teiLfa
- I would LOVE to know how these guys did in August: http://bit.ly/vKucb9 Article doesn't bother mentioning that 22% was "market perform"...
- In the last year, the population rose by 1,726,000. Yet the labor force fell by 67,000. Those not in the labor force rose by 1,793,000.
- Over the past year, avg hourly earnings of all employees have increased 1.8%. The consumer price index (CPI-U) is up 3.6%.
- I wish I could get paid to eat Skittles: http://yhoo.it/s75Atv In case anyone is wondering, I'm currently eating Bachman pretzels.
- Someone tell Mayor Bloomberg that a police force isn't "an army". http://bit.ly/roP9b2 If that's an army, does that make citizens the enemy?
- Subway now advertising $2 6-inch subs... at what point do we start asking, "what the hell kind of meat is that?"
Friday, December 2, 2011
Your latest episode of Twitter Digest, courtesy of @CrimsonCavalier...