Friday, October 21, 2011

Clip of the Week

Now this was a great week for Clip of the Week options. So great that I completely forgot to post it up here yesterday. Not the first time, won't be the last.

So, let's have at it. This video from last weekend's UCLA-Arizona football game is one of the strangest, craziest things I've ever seen--a fan dressed as a referee runs onto the field blowing a whistle, stops play, then runs away... and as this is all happening, a brawl breaks out on the field. Sure. Why not?

For the animal lovers out there, we've got this video of a cat trying to fight invisible hot air from a hair dryer, and we've got this video of a thieving penguin (I told you never to trust a flightless bird).

We've also got a pretty cool technological development with this throwable ball-shaped panoramic camera, which is almost too cool not to purchase. And for the Police Academy fans out there, our old human sound machine Michael Winslow is back with this awesome video of him covering Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"--um, yeah, he's imitating an electric guitar solo. And his vocals aren't bad, either.

The Red Cowboy passed along this great Jon Stewart clip (it follows along in the Occupy Wall Street theme), but I've gone that route too many times here already.

Instead, I'm going to post this video of the greatest Hot Wheels track ever. More than anything else, this makes me wish that YouTube had been around when I was a kid. I did enough crazy and stupid crap without the opportunity to post it on the internet for the whole world to see. If YouTube had existed in 1989, I might be famous by now. Or dead. You know, whichever. Enjoy.



And if that doesn't do it for you, then just go watch this music video for Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup". Then you can have the song stuck in your head for a week like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment