Thursday, September 6, 2012

Clip of the Week (NASA edition)

With all my posting this week, I still can't seem to make a dent in my backlog of unfinished drafts. So be it, some day I'll catch up. For now, it's Clip of the Week time.

In light of today's financial news, this realistic depiction of Ben Bernanke and Mario Draghi's policy proposals (h/t Red Cowboy) seems particularly appropriate. I also love it because animals make me smile.

I've also already mentioned that it's election season, which probably means that you can get ready to see a whole lot of Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart clips around here in the coming weeks (I highly recommend the awesomeness of that Stewart clip, by the way... great satire, with a terrific Glengarry Glen Ross reference to boot).

In the sports world, outfielders continue to make great catches, as do wide receivers (just like last year). Also, for all you golfers out there, Charl Schwartzel's four-putt is just painful to watch. Enjoy.

But this is going to be a week for science and for recognizing NASA. I came across a couple of videos that showed some of the awesome stuff they're doing down there, even if their funding is coming under fire as we apparently shut down all government functions in order to save Social Security and Medicare. Crap, I'm ranting again, huh?

Anyway, this time-lapse image of all the ocean's currents was pretty awesome, but not nearly as awesome as this depiction of the Mars rover's journey, which is your Clip of the Week. Keep up the good work, NASA. Don't let the bastards get you down.

As for the rest of you, blow this up full screen and enjoy. Remember, America is still a pretty awesome place if we'll let it be, just not on Wall Street...

No comments:

Post a Comment