Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fed buying baseball cards

While the market gives its Pavlovian cheer to the latest kinda-sorta-we're-not-really-printing-money-you-guys-I-swear proposal out of Europe, I thought this would be an appropriate time to pass along my favorite cartoon from the last few months. Courtesy of Barry Ritholtz's Big Picture blog...


Seriously, when can the Fed start buying some stuff that I actually own (no, I don't own Treasury bonds or mortgage-backed securities, and I hope you don't either)? In addition to baseball cards, I've also got a pretty awesome collection of obsolete electronic devices and salvaged golf balls. Sure, you might think of these things as worthless, but I just consider them to be "distressed assets".

Mr. Bernanke, if you want to stimulate the economy, I suggest you start rummaging around in my basement. I'm quite sure you'll find something to your liking down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment