Friday, September 28, 2012

Song of the Week(end)

There's not a whole lot of good music around these days (yeah, I'm a bitter old man now and I embrace it, so what?), so this weekend I'm taking it back to the old school with a couple of former #1 hits.

The #1 song from 10 years ago, when I was just starting my senior year of college? "Dilemma", by Nelly with Kelly Rowland, in the post-Destiny's Child days. Is it awesome? No, but it's certainly a whole lot better than Maroon 5.


 (Side note: this song was replaced at #1 the next week by Kelly Clarkson's American Idol song, "A Moment Like This". Yes, that was the first ever American Idol. Yes, the one with Brian Dunkleman. Yes, I'm getting old. Thanks for pointing that out.)

And if you want to take things back 20 years, to 1992? Then you're talking about Boyz II Men, with "End of the Road", which was #1 for 13 whole weeks. Middle school dances just wouldn't have been the same without it. God bless R&B ballads.


Have a good weekend out there, people. Go USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment