Thursday, May 24, 2012

Clip of the Week

Not a ton to work with this week, but just enough. First of all, as a former third baseman, this play by Josh Donaldson (yeah, I don't know who that is either) had me applauding. And Shaq cracks me up (but seriously, don't hire him as a GM... bad idea).

But this week's Clip of the Week goes to Kerry Wood, the former Cubs pitcher (if you don't know who he is, watch this) who retired last week in the most awesome way possible. On Friday morning, news hit the wires that Wood would be retiring effective immediately... but that he wanted to have one last appearance before he did. He got that appearance in that day's game, he struck out the only batter he faced, and the Wrigley Field organist played Frank Sinatra's "My Way" as he walked off the mound and hugged his son.

All endings in life should be this appropriate and awesome. Congrats to Kerry for his storybook ending and for a career that, while somewhat disappointing, was incredibly entertaining. I hope my eventual retirement is half as cool as his.

No comments:

Post a Comment