Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Growth of the U.S.A.

I've posted a time-lapse historical map of Europe here before, but I've never seen a similar map of the United States. With the Olympics ongoing, now seems like a reasonable time to take a look back at some of our nation's history.

Like with the map of Europe, I think it's both interesting to see the changes as they took place and also somewhat unsettling to see how long we've now gone without a significant change. Not that I'm predicting anything, but I do wonder whether we're overdue for a little shakeup of one sort or another. Time will tell.


If that gif moves a little too quickly for you to take it all in (it's definitely too fast to fully appreciate), you can check out a slowed-down YouTube version of it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment