Thursday, June 7, 2012

Clip of the Week

Clip of the Week time. For those of you who haven't gotten enough Europe, we have this clip courtesy of Barry Ritholtz. He also shared this historical map of Europe, which I remember trying to post way back when but I'm not sure if the link was working. This one works, and it's pretty staggering to see how much the map has changed--I wonder if we're overdue for a new major change. Stay tuned, I guess.

It's also time for the college baseball postseason, and even though my 'Hoos got knocked out last weekend, I was still able to enjoy this no-hitter by Florida's Jonathon Crawford (which was, incidentally, much cooler and more impressive than Johan Santana's no-hitter on the same night). Much love to Crawford's second baseman (Casey Turgeon, who also went 3-for-4 with a 3-run homer in that game) for the awesome grab.

But I have to give a tip of the hat this week to Tiger Woods. Even though most of America has been tripping over itself to jump off of the Tiger bandwagon, I still admire his golf game and think he's incredibly fun to watch. Shots like this one that spurred him to a victory at The Memorial (his second win of the year, 73rd of his career) are why. I can't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment