Friday, July 6, 2012

Song of the Week(end)

Time to send you all off into the weekend with some tunes. I know I've been neglecting this feature lately, but I'm back in action today, and I intend to keep it going in future weeks.

So, let's get to it. Like most people who grew up in yuppie little suburbs in the '90s, I own about a dozen Dave Matthews Band albums of one type or another, and I've memorized a bunch of their songs. Now that I live down in the town where the band got its start (and still has a significant presence), their songs are even harder to avoid--not that there's anything wrong with that. I've even written about them here once before.

Anyway, DMB has a(nother) new album coming out this year, and they've already released a couple of singles. One of those is "Mercy", which is this week's Song of the Week(end). Is it the best Dave song ever? No, of course not--these guys lost their songwriting fastball back in about '98, but that's not the point. (This is the best DMB song, of course. This is #2. This is #3. You're welcome). They're still fun to listen to, and this song is as listenable as any DMB track. So enjoy it, and enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment