Friday, April 27, 2012

Song of the Week(end)

When I turned on my TV this morning, it was tuned to a re-run of an old Entourage episode, which I decided to stick around and watch. I don't watch the show any more (I got tired of paying HBO's fees a couple years back and cancelled it), but one of the things I always loved about it was its soundtrack. In fact, I'm pretty sure that 80% of songs I downloaded for a year or two (say, 2005-2006) were songs that I'd first heard on the show.

The song that ran over closing credits on today's episode happened to be a personal favorite--Nina Simone's "Sinnerman". It's an oldie but goodie, and it always makes me think of the climactic scene from The Thomas Crown Affair (the Pierce Brosnan version, a great flick). So that's your Song of the Week(end) for this last week in April. I'll present to you not just the song, but the scene from Thomas Crown, because it's awesome. Have a good weekend, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment