Thursday, June 14, 2012

Clip of the Week

Okay, tons of material this week. If you've got a few minutes, I highly recommend all of these videos. As always, we'll kick things off with a couple of sports videos, including a perfect game in San Francisco and the worst way I've ever seen to kill a rally.

This weird little video about pollination was mesmerizing, and I got a kick out of this remixed version of Obama singing "Call Me Maybe". I also took a trip down memory lane by watching these old school junk food advertisements (remember the "Always Coca-Cola" ads? I'd completely forgotten about them), and as much as I dislike Apple, I have to give them credit--they're incredibly innovative, and this video gives an example of some of the cool and creative engineering techniques they use to "paint" their devices.

For a long time this week, this remix of Mister Rogers was the frontrunner for Clip of the Week. I think the whole auto-tuned speeches genre/trend is starting to get a little (or a lot) played out, but I think this one was nevertheless a pretty big hit.

But it's not our Clip of the Week, because my man Nigel Farage came along and absolutely killed it with a speech in front of the European Parliament in Strasbourg. If you're not yet acquainted with Nigel, I suggest you watch this epic takedown of EU President Herman van Rompuy, which may be one of my five favorite YouTube clips ever. In this case, Nigel took on the farce that is the Spanish bailout. In keeping with the European theme that I established earlier this week, Nigel Farage is your Clip of the Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment