I left out a bunch of sports-related posts (there's been a lot, what with the NFL Playoffs and the college football bowl games going on), but I left in the posts about Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, because I really do admire his difficult decision on Ryan Clark, which ultimately (arguably) cost his team a playoff win.
- It says a lot about America that we can rise up to kill a $2 fee (http://on.wsj.com/z9m5p4), but not an assault on our basic rights (NDAA).
- This also says a lot about America--not sure this time if it's good or bad. http://bit.ly/tBJP0y Jon Stewart's ratings win...
- Not a Steelers fan by any means, but I give Mike Tomlin huge credit for making a controversial (but correct) choice. http://deadsp.in/x3Ze4i
- Disgusting. RT
@killagroove: #Paypal orders the destruction of $2500 Violin because they are giant colossal douches http://bit.ly/zDr9Di
- Congratulations to Mittens Romney on his slim Iowa victory last night. http://bit.ly/yGD7x2
- Strangest Xmas season ever: retailers cut prices to below break-even http://bloom.bg/zTA0s0, and everyone bought guns: http://tgr.ph/ufWbG9
- Congressional scrutiny on ratings agencies re. MF Global probably unrelated to that li'l downgrade back in Aug, right? http://tgr.ph/ufWbG9
- Now that I know that she's not going to further destroy my country, I am really going to miss Michele Bachmann http://huff.to/zrDfxe
- Now THIS... is a creepy headline: http://bit.ly/szInqW You win, China. You win.
- It's January 6th, it's 67 degrees outside, and ski resorts are closing all over the place. http://bit.ly/xk3KcV This is all totally normal.
- Germans... crack me up every time. http://bit.ly/wtAjoS
- 10 completions for 316 yards, no way that happens if
@RealRClark25 is out there. So, props to Mike Tomlin for the difficult decision.
- This is possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen... http://deadsp.in/xlPoB6 Tragic that these clowns are the best we can come up with.
- I've had my share of Mountain Dew over the years, and... gross. http://bit.ly/vIY6da
- Siri doubles iPhone data usage rates. http://bloom.bg/x7OWED That's pretty untenable. Way too much data usage for a specious benefit.
- Bahahahaha... http://bit.ly/xK3F8x Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds!!
- Andrew Napolitano kills it on TDS: http://bit.ly/x1XlQo If Ron Paul is "Libertarian", then I don't know what "Conservatism" is anymore.
- Seems like everyone's passing this around, so sure, I'll bite: Mafia is now Italy's largest bank. http://reut.rs/wvnTQC Appropriate, really.
- Each day, there's more rejection of the established two parties: http://bit.ly/wHxIqf Paul should follow suit and reject the GOP, run Indep.
A vote for Romney or a vote for Obama are realistically no different, as they both support a continuation of the two-party politics as they currently exist. A vote for Ron Paul is something else entirely. And that's what we really need now, more than anything--something else.