Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quote of the Week

Alright, I'm back at it after a two-day break to protest SOPA/PIPA... okay, fine, Tuesday I was just lazy and didn't post anything, yesterday I was protesting SOPA/PIPA. Minor details.

At any rate, I'll be making up for it today with a couple of posts--first Quote of the Week, then Clip of the Week, then a normal post to finish things off. At least that's my plan. You might only get Quote of the Week. I don't really know yet.

Whatever, here's your Quote of the Week... this time around, I couldn't choose whose comments were the most tone-deaf, so you get two.

Congratulations, Mark Wahlberg and Sarah Palin.

This week's co-QUOTES OF THE WEEK

"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry."
                             - Actor Mark Wahlberg, about American Airlines Flight 11 on 9/11/01

Okay, Marky Mark. Whatever you say, big guy. You do know that you're not actually Micky Ward, right? You're an actor, just so we're clear. Either way, in the future, maybe don't go so far out of your way to insult the memory (and toughness) of a lot of innocent people. Probably a bad call. Oh, and nice grammar too. You're really doing my hometown proud.


And also, too... here's Sarah Palin.

"If I had to vote in South Carolina in order to keep this thing going, I'd vote for Newt and I would want this to continue. More debates, more vetting of candidates. Because we know the mistake made in this country four years ago was having a candidate that was not vetted..."
                              - Politician Sarah Palin

Yeah, sure, she was talking about Obama (I assume). But... is she really so ignorant that she misses the irony that it was McCain's lack of vetting when choosing her that ultimately cost him (and the Republicans) the election?


Note to Sarah: don't give strategy advice to anyone in the Republican world, especially not on this topic. Your credentials are basically zero, and you therefore have no credibility when it comes to "vetting" worthy candidates. You were quite possibly the least worthy candidate to run for major office in decades, and it might help you in the future to be a little bit more self-aware.

But I guess self-awareness is in short supply these days, isn't it?

[CBS]
[Atlanta Journal-Constitution]

No comments:

Post a Comment