Thursday, September 15, 2011

Clip of the Week

Well, last week we didn't have a whole lot of options for Clip of the Week, so I recycled an old NFL clip. This week was a different story.

First of all, we had a bunch of entertaining clips from random sources, like this one (good if you like cats), this one (good if you like monkeys), and this one (good if you like surfing and/or Kelly Slater). But it was in the world of sports that this week really delivered the goods.

If you hate soccer (or at least hate lame European soccer players who take dives all day long), you'll appreciate this clip. Hell, I like soccer and I even get a kick out of that one. There's also this clip of a guy making an insane catch of a foul ball at a Rangers game (yeah, I know, old guys shouldn't bring their gloves to the park, but whatever--great snag).

And while we're on the topic of great catches and baseball, there's no way I can overlook this clip of the Indians' Shelley Duncan making three consecutive amazing leaping catches--it's impressive to make three catches like that in one week, let alone three batters. The look on his face after the third one is priceless.

But last week I promised NFL highlights from Week 1, and I'm a man of my word. Besides, how can I overlook my hometown team pulling off the kind of play that only happens once or twice in a decade? That's right, I'm talking about Tom Brady, Wes Welker, and 99.5 yards of awesomeness. Go Pats.

No comments:

Post a Comment