Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quote of the Week

Now that my house has stopped shaking and my nerves have (mostly) returned to normal, it's time for Quote of the Week. And what better topic for Quote of the Week than... the earthquake that just shook the crap out of my house. It's still a little crazy to look at a map of recent seismic activity and see a big marker right next to my hometown...


...but so be it. So, let's turn to Twitter for some of the best reactions to the quake, because if you can't have a sense of humor about this stuff, then it's just plain scary, and that's no fun.

Also, special recognition goes to the local news anchor who just asked a UVA geology professor to explain why we weren't at risk of a tsunami from this earthquake. He answered, with a puzzled look, "well, we're in the middle of the continent, not the middle of the ocean"... yep, it's gonna be a fun night of watching the local news here in central Virginia. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment