Saturday, November 6, 2010

A note on comments

After yesterday's guest post, an astute reader pointed out a fairly stark contradiction--if The Crimson Cavalier was indeed "a democracy" as I'd claimed, then why didn't I allow open commenting in the comments section?

Touché.

The truth is, I was too stupid to figure out how to change The Crimson Cavalier's settings to allow anonymous comments. Then I realized how easy it was, and I changed it. Apparently my skills as a site administrator could use work (government is hard?). 

So as of yesterday, the comments section is now officially a free-for-all. There's already been some lively discussion on there, which I love and will encourage. I'll even jump into the fray when I think it's warranted--that's half the fun of blogging. I won't edit or remove any comments unless they're profane or clearly offensive (and if you know me, you know that it takes a lot to offend me). So have at it.

Happy reading (and commenting). 



No comments:

Post a Comment