Thursday, June 9, 2011

Clip of the Week

Well I've got full-on Bruins Fever after the last two games in Boston, so I was tempted to post some Tim Thomas highlights again, because that man's my hero. But things didn't go so well for the B's last time I posted a hockey highlight, so I'm gonna stay away from that and let the Red Cowboy handle those clips for now.

Of course, if the Red Cowboy would stop stealing my Clip of the Week material, maybe I wouldn't be in this situation to begin with, but clearly I digress. This is the internet, after all, so there's always plenty of entertaining clips to go around. If you're the stereotyping type, you'll enjoy this video, and if you're into simple stupid humor, you'll enjoy this video. But of course, neither of those is your Clip of the Week.

This week, I'm celebrating Major League Baseball's decision to allow certain of its highlight videos to be embeddable, a long-overdue choice that opens up a world of Clip of the Week possibilities to me. So your recipient this week is--no, not David Ortiz's bat flip--the Milwaukee Brewers' Nyjer Morgan, a colorful character who delivered a walkoff hit against the Mets last night without realizing it.

Turns out big man thought that it was the bottom of the 8th, thought his team was already winning, and really just had no idea where he was or why he was there. But it all worked out in the end, and the look of genuine surprise on Morgan's face to see his teammates storming the field is one of the funnier things I've seen on a baseball diamond in a long time. Without further ado, your Clip of the Week:



Nyjer, for future reference, there are scoreboards all over these ballparks you play in. They tell you the score, the inning, the count, the number of outs, who's pitching, all sorts of good stuff. They even tell you what city you're playing in, just in case you're confused (hint: the home team is on bottom). You should definitely check them out some time. You know, or not, whatever, apparently you're doing just fine without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment