Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quote of the Week

On occasion, I'll cheat a little bit on Quote of the Week, using it as a weak excuse to post what is in fact a clip rather than just a quote. This is one of those times.

But what can I say--this clip is too good to save until Thursday, and it seems especially pertinent given the events of the past weekend. Many of you have probably watched Seth Meyers' amusing remarks at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. I enjoyed his standup, but I found the first few minutes of President Obama's remarks to be absolutely hysterical.

I fully recognize that many people are incapable of letting down their political guard to enjoy the humor of a situation--I am not one of them, but if you are, I apologize in advance. You won't find this funny. But it is. Without further ado...

This week's QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"As some of you heard, the state of Hawaii released my official long-form birth certificate. Hopefully, this puts all doubts to rest. But just in case there are any lingering questions, tonight I'm prepared to go a step further. Tonight, for the first time, I am releasing my official birth video."
                              - President Barack Obama

I highly recommend that you watch up until the 4:15 mark in this video. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment