Friday, April 1, 2011

Site update

After careful consideration over the past several weeks, I've decided to make some fairly significant changes to the format and content of The Crimson Cavalier. I do not not make these changes lightly (I know that many of you, like me, despise change in all its forms), but I do expect that they will make this site more enjoyable for me and my readers alike.

Probably the most noticeable and important of these changes is that I will no longer be providing long-form content or opinion in any way. Instead, I will become a mere aggregator of content--a "best of" blog that aims to provide my readers with links to the best pictures, bike-crash videos, and articles from around the world and allowing them to draw their own conclusions.

Recognizing that this will be a dramatic change for many of my more loyal readers, I do promise to provide the occasional traditional long-form diatribe over at the newly formed Red Cowboy blog. I think this will help to support the fledgling readership of my good friend's blog while retaining a fair amount of what made you read The Crimson Cavalier in the first place.

I know that these changes are sudden, but I have been considering them for some time and I am confident that they are the right choice for me. They will also make this site easier to digest, as you will no longer be forced to slog through my irritable rants against all those who annoy me in order to get to the great content you all desire.

Like any rational blogger and businessperson, I welcome and encourage your feedback in the coming days and weeks. It will be my pleasure to reconsider these site changes in the future, if and when it seems prudent.


For those of you who wonder what I will do with the rest of my spare time now that I am free from the tyranny of posting a daily rant, I have good news. In addition to the aforementioned occasional guest post over at The Red Cowboy, I have also signed on with Fox News to be an independent blogger on their site, as part of their new initiative to provide "fair and balanced" input from around the blogosphere--consider it like Huffington Post for conservatives and radical anarchists.
 
Of course, I do recognize the irony that a political agnostic like myself would choose to join forces with an organization that is so well-known for its political partisanship and blatant hypocrisy. But I am always willing to provide a second chance to those who show true contrition, and I choose to view Fox News' offer of partnership as an olive branch and admission of past transgressions.

On the surface, I do recognize that you might view me to be "selling out" my original intent on this blog with my current moves. In particular, my long-standing belief that the world is rife with irresponsible journalism might seem to be taking a back seat to my own ambitions as a political and financial commentator, seeing as Fox News has historically been among the worst offenders as far as violating journalistic integrity.

Like you, I have my own suspicions, and I will be quick to pull the plug if I see Fox being anything but authentic and genuine in our partnership. But so far, I see no reason to doubt their contrition, and I look forward to being part of the solution. It's not often you get the opportunity to be on the front line of solving the problems that you see as so important, and I relish the chance to help turn Fox News into a responsible corporate citizen. I have great hope for our future together.

So with that, I move on to new things (and hopefully greener pastures), happy to continue in the original mission of The Crimson Cavalier but also eager to expand my reach to a broader audience. I hope that you will continue to read my "best of" blog here, my occasional guest posts at The Red Cowboy, and my (hopefully) ever-expanding role within the Fox family of networks. Maybe you'll even see me on The O'Reilly Factor some day soon, engaging in an honest debate over the benefits and drawbacks of government-subsidized health care... but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. See you on the other side... and if you haven't caught on yet, do me a favor and go back and read the first letter of each paragraph in this post. Then look at your calendar. Thanks for playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment