Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monkey awesomeness

Okay, I may not like penguins, but I love monkeys. They amuse me, and I'll pretty much watch anything with them (um, except this). Today has for some reason become chock-full of internet monkey happenings, and I'm powerless to keep it to myself.

First, I was tipped off to this series of "Trunk Monkey" ads from an Oregon car dealership from several years ago. They're awesome. Here's an example:



This alone would have provided enough monkey-related humor for one day, but then I came across this post on the Freakonomics blog, detailing a string of thefts of sunglasses by monkeys at the London Zoo. Apparently the monkeys are vain and like using the sunglass lenses as mirrors. Of course they do.



All these videos really do at the end of the day is remind me of this article from way back in the day, which I used to have posted on my wall in college. In related news, I drank a lot in college. I also watched a lot of videos like these ones. So, yeah... slow news day. Except for monkey news.

No comments:

Post a Comment