Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This seems important, but I'm not sure how

I don't know what to make of this, but in reading through this post, I couldn't help but notice that Judge Judy makes $45 million a year to film her show on CBS. While that figure pales in comparison to Oprah Winfrey's absurd are-you-kidding-me $315 million, it blows away basically everyone else in the TV universe.

It's 60% more than David Letterman ($28mm), 80% more than Jay Leno ($25mm), and more than Katie Couric ($15mm), Brian Williams ($12.5mm), and Diane Sawyer ($12mm) combined. (I could easily argue that TV news anchors shouldn't even make as much money as they do, since their salaries could and should go to pay field reporters to actually perform journalistic tasks, but that's not the point here... or is it?)


Ultimately, I have a hard time getting over the fact that the second-highest paid TV personality performs a show that airs during normal work hours, a show that represents and encourages rubbernecking in its purest form. Is anyone even working any more? Oh... right. Forget I asked.

[The Big Picture]

No comments:

Post a Comment