Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Quote of the Week

Man, it is a SLOW news day (and week)... so I'm just gonna go ahead and fast-forward right to the Quote of the Week. Maybe there will be some news worth writing about later today, maybe we're just done with news until 2011. I don't know.

So, enjoy your QOTW anyway, just in case... it comes courtesy of Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, who--like our friends at Deadspin--wasn't too happy about the NFL's decision to postpone Sunday night's Eagles-Vikings game until tonight due to the weekend blizzard (which was bad, I guess, but nowhere near the worst I've seen around here... it wasn't really that much worse than the weather I endured at the Pats-Bears game in Chicago earlier this month. But I digress).

This week's QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything. If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."
                        - Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell

This is fantastic. I love the concept of Chinese people "marching" to a football game while doing calculus and solving world hunger.

For me, I just hope this two-day delay doesn't mean that Brett Favre decides to have another "miraculous recovery" and play tonight. That man needs to disappear. Oh, so does LeBron. That is all.


[ESPN.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment