Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More subconscious signaling

I wrote a bit last week about "implicit bias", a phenomenon that leads us to subconsciously favor one group or type over another when we are making quick decisions, whether or not we are aware of it (or if it makes any sense).

From my time in business school, I learned about the extent to which marketers study and play to the strange quirks of behavioral psychology (something I briefly addressed in my inaugural post on this blog). Clearly, understanding how people think (even and especially subconsciously) can be extremely lucrative and profitable.

This cool infographic (brought to my attention here) does a fantastic job of summarizing how color influences and affects our purchasing decisions. Keep it in mind when you're doing your gift shopping this holiday season (click here for bigger version; for some reason the one I uploaded came out smaller).


[Good.is]

No comments:

Post a Comment