Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quote of the Week

Alright, so this week's choice is admittedly weak and incredibly biased. But I can't help it. With the MLB Playoffs scheduled to start tomorrow, ESPN will air an appropriate installment of its 30 for 30 series tonight, "Four Days in October".

The documentary is, of course, a chronicle of the Red Sox' historic ALCS comeback against the Yankees back in 2004. I'm pumped. I have to be. It's the only Sox-related thing I have to look forward to this October. So with that said...

This week's QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"Don't let us win tonight." -Red Sox 1B Kevin Millar; October 17, 2004



Shameless promotion aside, if you're at all a sports fan, this should be awesome to watch. I'm generally an outspoken critic of ESPN, but the 30 for 30 series is one of the best things they've done in a long time. The pieces are well-conceived and well-produced, and I'm incredibly excited for tonight. Go Sox (or, for the next couple of weeks, Go Twins)...

No comments:

Post a Comment