Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quote of the Week

For this week's Quote of the Week, I was incredibly tempted to give the honors to Metta World Peace (some of you may still know him as Ron Artest, but he's way more insane now), who summed up the Jeremy Lin mania (which I'm enjoying immensely) in a way that only a certifiably crazy person could--by ranting about leather pants, cigars, and Allen Iverson jerseys. Sure.

But I decided I'd go with a more "serious" Quote of the Week (I put "serious" in quotations because I honestly hope the speaker was joking when he said it), courtesy of Republican Presidential candidate Mitt (aka "Mittens") Romney. Mitt was formerly the Governor of my home state of Massachusetts, and I voted for him when he ran (way back in 2002). I'm pretty sure I won't be doing so this time around, and this little tidbit is part of the reason why.

This week's QUOTE OF THE WEEK

“This week, President Obama will release a budget that won’t take any meaningful steps toward solving our entitlement crisis. The president has failed to offer a single serious idea to save Social Security and is the only president in modern history to cut Medicare benefits for seniors.”
                                - Mitt Romney

Yeah. That doesn't make a lick of sense. It's quite possibly the most contradictory statement made to date by a man who has seemingly made a living off of contradicting himself. His platform makes absolutely no sense--the only consistent thing about it is that he will clearly say or do anything to get elected, sort of like John McCain four years ago.

I'm not sure what Mitt would consider a "meaningful step" toward solving our entitlement crisis if "cutting Medicare benefits for seniors" doesn't qualify, but then, I'm not sure what Mittens thinks at all anymore.

[Marginal Revolution]

No comments:

Post a Comment