Monday, January 24, 2011

Awesome

Yup, these are my people.
An Abington man charged with making bombs in his home told police he built the devices to blow up snow banks.
Abington Police Chief David Majenski said Leo J. Powers, 23, whose last known address was 45 Margaret Road in Abington, is charged with threatening to commit a crime and possession of incendiary devices.
After serving Powers with an emergency restraining order at the Washington Street rooming house where he was staying, police learned that he had a box of ammunition and a box with “powders” in it at his former address, Majenski said.
Majenski said Powers told police he devised a way to use the materials to blow up snow banks.
Only in New England would someone think it was a good idea to risk jail time just to avoid shoveling. To be honest, though, given some of the winters I experienced up there growing up, I'm surprised I didn't come up with that idea myself.

[Patriot Ledger]

No comments:

Post a Comment