Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Crimson Cavalier, your new source for insights on finance, current events, sports, and whatever comes across my radar screen and seems noteworthy or interesting. For those who don't know me, the "Crimson Cavalier" moniker refers to my two alma maters--Harvard (undergrad) and the University of Virginia (MBA). Yes, I know that it's also the name of an obscure Marvel comics character of French descent. I'm completely okay with this. 

I live now in Charlottesville, VA, home of UVA and the Cavaliers. I've gotten here by somewhat roundabout means, via Boston (my hometown), Chicago, and New York. 

My background (and current career) is as an index options trader--formerly on the floor of the American Stock Exchange, and currently from my home office. I am an avid golfer, a former baseball player, and have recently taken up distance running (I ran the 2010 Boston Marathon, my first marathon). I love to cook (especially Mexican food), and I love to travel. All of these passions will become evident in my postings to this blog. 

Hopefully, you'll enjoy my blog, and you won't think I'm too full of s**t (which I am), or too all over the map with my musings (which I tend to be as well). Happy reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment